Thursday 5 April 2012

Devils Marbles to Mt Isa

We got up at about 5:30am to leave Wycliffe Well. It was dark and I didn't leave the motorhome except to get out of the 'home' part and get into the passenger part.... lol..... I was still pretty spooked... chicken!!!!

We drove a few kms and came across a point of interest that we were really interested in seeing...lol... funny thing about those points of interest... most of them are really interesting...
Anyway, here is some of what we captured in our 45 minute walkabout at Devils Marbles.













We spent about 45 minutes here and it was wonderful... Great colour and amazing rocks...
We headed out for Mt Isa QLD (another smelly, dirty mining town) and are here now, sitting in a motel, having a real bed and some relaxation...
Here are some sites we saw along the way... Self explanatory...

So many disgusting flies. This was at 7:30 in the morning...





Perentie lizard... He was not injured in the taking of this picture..

Thousands upon thousands of Termite mounds along hundreds of miles of highway.






Coming into Mt Isa Queensland..
This is our fondest memory of Mt Isa. We saw him/her on our way down to our exclusive Ethiopian curry dinner. We were the only ones in the motel restaurant and the chef cooked exclusively for us.





 
Tomorrow/today, Friday, we are heading for Charters Towers Qld. look it up..

I also just wanted to add something for my cousin Linda, "Lindy". You are in my heart and you are with me in spirit girl.... I am bringing you with me in my memories and sharing this with you... Even though we didn't get the chance to buy that van as we had planned when we were teenagers, to travel around the world... Life changes course all too unexpectedly....... But you are with me here..... No worries... xoxoxo

Thanks so much to everyone who is following us and enjoying our adventure of a life time.... Thank you, we really do appreciate it...... xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Suzie Q!
    I am tearing up!
    Love you!!
    Thanks for the memories!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible how the rocks stay balanced.

    ReplyDelete